The big question is, what are my 2021 goals? With 2020 firmly behind us, and the year that brought me two wonderful run streaks, one stopped by isolation and one stopped by contacting COVID-19. I’ve achieved a lot all things considered, in my personal life, my career and in fitness. The stand out achievement in running has to be running 1,028 miles in 2020, beating my long-standing goal of running 1,000 miles in a year.
The question is, what will 2021 bring? Is it too bold to set goals without knowing what the pandemic has in store for us, considering I’m writing this locked down again.
I think it is the right time to set goals, the difference is in 2021 I haven’t a huge desire to attend races, especially without the vaccine fully rolled out. It just seems an unnecessary risk, having COVID was horrendous and I don’t want to help spread that to anyone else.
Here are my goals for 2021:
- Run 1,000 miles in 2021
- Bring strength training into my routine
- Improve my mobility, with the goal to be able to touch my toes
- Bring consistency into all aspects of training including nutrition
Running Time Goals
- MILE = Sub 5:30
- 5k = Sub 19 minutes
- 10k = Sub 40 minutes
- Half Marathon = Sub 1hr 35
- Full Marathon = Sub 3hr 15
- Journal Weekly
- 12+ Audio Books listened to
- Consistently use High-Performance Planner
- Buy a house
- Pass Driving Test
- Continue to further develop my career
- Push my creativity with photography and the new setup, all will be revealed soon…
Now that might not seem like much to some, but I also set weekly goals which I will share along with my training plan once the week is complete. I feel like it is great to set big goals for the year but also focus weekly and even daily to keep pushing yourself, developing and becoming better. You can never stop adapting, growing and pursuing a better healthier version of yourself.
If you are interested in checking out my previous goals you can find them in the following posts: