UFC is back in the UK for a St Patrick’s Day showdown, with the Ultimate Fighting Championship taking over London’s O2 arena for UFC Fight Night 127. After a year long wait, British UFC fans will see former heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum fighting rising Russian contender Alexander Volkov in a heavyweight bout, with the victor heading possibly towards a title fight. There was speculation, and indeed expectation, that British fighter Michael Bisping would be part of the main card but the former UFC middleweight champion has confirmed via twitter that he will not be competing. With him out of the picture and the Notorious Conor McGregor still doing whatever the hell he likes we must rely on some of the lesser known UK fighters to take to the octagon.
Don’t buy tickets to see me fight in London. I’m not fighting. Just spoke with ufc.
— michael (@bisping) January 30, 2018
This seems strange seeing as even Reebok UK have recently posted like he may still make some sort of appearance, maybe he will grace us with his presence in the octagon simply to announce his next fight, who knows….
— Reebok UK (@ReebokUK) March 7, 2018
Will Bisping make an appearance? Could he be part of a last minute announcement? Comment below and let me know what you think…
Whatever happens I already have my ticket and I will be posting live from the event on Instagram and Facebook, so keep an eye out for updates on the night…
The full fight listing as it stands is as follows:
- Fabricio Werdum vs Alexander Volkov (heavyweight)
- Jan Blachowicz vs Jimi Manuwa (light-heavyweight)
- Leon Edwards vs Peter Sobotta (welterweight)
- Mark Godbeer vs Dmitry Poberezhets (heavyweight)
- Magomed Ankalaev vs Paul Craig (light-heavyweight)
- Nasrat Haqparast vs Alex Reyes (lightweight)
- Kajan Johnson vs Rustam Khabilov (lightweight)
- Charles Byrd vs John Phillips (middleweight)
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs Jack Marshman (welterweight)
- Oliver Enkamp vs Danny Roberts (welterweight)
- Hakeem Dawodu vs Danny Henry (featherweight)